Chocolate Cherry Mice are the cutest little treats! Creamy chocolate covered cherries with an adorable mouse face that kids love to make and eat.
- 1 bag chocolate chips milk or semi-sweet
- 1-2 teaspoons shortening
- 12 Maraschino cherries WITH stems (these are a little hard to find, but they are a must!)
- 1 bag Hershey’s chocolate kisses
- Unsalted peanuts halved
- Red-hots or tiny cinnamon candy
- In the microwave or over the stove, melt the chocolate chips and shortening together. Stir until smooth.
- Holding a cherry by its stem, dip it into the chocolate and then press a chocolate kiss onto the cherry.
- Wedge peanut halves between the cherry and chocolate kiss to make the ears.
- Place this on wax paper until chocolate dries.
- Add a couple dots of white frosting for eyes, then put a little melted chocolate on a red-hot and place on the end of the kiss to make the nose.